Hey guys! Episode Two is up; enjoy!
CHAPTER TWO
=========================================
Geoffrey's Point of View
"NO!" My scream echoed against the walls of the empty room. The sheets of my bed were entangled, drenched. I was slumped against the bedpost, breathing heavily, but I couldn’t remember why. I don’t know why I woke up. There were fleeting feelings of anger, frustration, betrayal, emptiness, despair...and something else. I couldn’t remember. They slowly dissolved into the dark, leaving me with nothing but a wisp of unease... I swept away a few damp strands of my hair with a clammy hand. The room was silent save for the creaks of the crummy house and the ticking of a clock. A triangle of street light fell across the room from the window, but everything else was dark.
I looked at my alarm clock. 2:32. Three hours of sleep. More than usual. Lately, I couldn’t sleep at all. Everything was exhausting. Breathing was exhausting. Falling asleep was exhausting. Thinking was exhausting. I figured I had a perpetual glazed look in my eyes. The world seemed so surreal. Like it didn’t even exist. Like everything was going on in my head. Like if I closed my eyes, everything would change if I wanted it to. Like it was one big dream...
There was always something on the back of my mind these days. And there was Anjali! I’m a bit surprised that I didn’t have a massive heart attack when I recognized her. But then again, I guess nothing fazes me. And besides, she had grown up.
Mother of god. Anjali. Geez... God! Anjali! I still didn’t trust her, after what she did to me. God. What an idiot. I hated her. I hate her.
We’re not ex’s or anything. Oh god no. Don’t get the wrong idea. I’m not even her type. We’ve never liked each other. It’s what she did to...to...GOD. GOD. I don’t know. I know it was something bad. I can’t remember. I can’t remember! Every time I think about what she did, I can’t seem to remember what it was that makes me hate her so much. It’s like trying to push away years of accumulated grime- years of useless information that’s just sitting in my head. I can’t think clearly. I CAN’T THINK. I don’t know why! I’m so tired, so..weak! Just when I think I’ve recalled something, the memory of it spills into the cracks of my brain...like blood ebbing out of a lifeless body...
While I was still up, I might as well go pee. Honest, I really had to go. Dragging my legs out of bed, I placed my feet on the cold wood.
I groggily flipped on the bathroom light switch, only to find Kent squatting on the toilet. WOAH. I stumbled back, rubbing my eyes, and looked at him more carefully.
“Dude, what are you doing?”
Poor Kent. He looked like a rabbit in the headlights. He just sat there, like he wasn’t sure how to answer.
“Ah. No need to answer. I know exactly what you’re doing. Goodbye.” And I closed the bathroom door in his face. Now to go find a potted plant...
Unfortunately, there were none to be had. All right, I would just have to go outside and find a bush. I fumbled with the lock a bit in the dark, but I got outside okay. Aaaaannd...we had no bushes. Great. Whatever. Pissing in the grass was fine by me. Dropping my boxers to my ankles, I let out a sigh of relief. Ahh.
That was much better. Hopefully no one was looking out there windows right now. But they probably wouldn’t have minded anyway; my neighbors are kind of anti-social.Maybe I could just drop by the local drug store and buy some food. Food was always good. Hopefully they let in customers without shirts or shoes.
The streets were so quiet. Well, it wasn't like we lived in the city...nah. We were right up against the beach. You could hear the waves crashing against the shore. But a little further inland, only about a mile or two away..BAM. There were people everywhere. It’s a pretty big city, you may have heard of it. Hallows City? Yeah, I live right on the outskirts. A few lampposts lit up the old trees in the neighborhood. Geez, those trees were old. Their roots were gnarled and cracked the pavement. It was a bit cold outside, but the walk was fine anyway. When I walked into the liquor store, it was as bright as heck. Sort of surprised me.
I was checking out at the cashier, when all of the sudden, I heard heavy breathing right behind me. I reflexively (wait, reflexively??) whipped around, and there was this weird girl staring at me. She had very shiny, very sleek long red hair and set of green eyes.
“Uhm, can I help you?” I asked.
She started making these little squeaking noises, and fanned herself a little.
“H-hi, I’m uh, I’m uhm...Callie Whitworth? I work, er, work at the same place as you!” she squealed nerously. She looked like she had a hyperactivity disorder.
“Oh. Is that so? I-I never knew,” I said, shrugging my shoulders. Really, I didn’t. Like I said, I don’t like my coworkers.
“WOULDYOULIKETOGOTOAPARTYOFMINE??” She said this very fast, in one gigantic breath. Wow. She really cut to the chase. Sort of creepy, really.
Well. I didn’t have anything better to do; why not? “Yeah, sure. Where at?”
She rambled on about something, wrote it down on some paper, and left (Oh thank god I swear I would never buy junk food at three in the morning again if it meant I wouldn’t have to run into her again). I kissed my bag of chips and other assorted goodies and left. Walking back was pretty much the same as walking to the store, but right before I reached the house, some person stumbled in front of me.
“Ahhh...are you all right?”
She turned around and looked at me. “Does it look like I’m all right? My boyfriend just broke up with me! OF COURSE I’M NOT ALL RIGHT!”
I held up my hands and slowly backed away. Geez. Why did some girls think they could treat other people like crud and get away with it?
“I’m sorry I asked, “ I said, shaking my head.
“BLOODY RIGHT YOU BETTER BE SORRY, BUTT WIPE!” and she strutted off. I watched her get into a shabby looking BMW, careening away. Well.
I stood there. Why was it that some girls thought they could be rude and get away with it? I’d like to believe that there was some other-wordly force involved with dishing out justice...haha. Who would believe in that crap? Bad things happen to good people. It never seems like the other way around. Depressing, wasn’t it? I just had to plop down on the sidewalk right there and then. I didn’t feel like going back home anymore. I opened up my packages of food. What was I even eating?
“I’m sorry I asked, “ I said, shaking my head.
“BLOODY RIGHT YOU BETTER BE SORRY, BUTT WIPE!” and she strutted off. I watched her get into a shabby looking BMW, careening away. Well.
I stood there. Why was it that some girls thought they could be rude and get away with it? I’d like to believe that there was some other-wordly force involved with dishing out justice...haha. Who would believe in that crap? Bad things happen to good people. It never seems like the other way around. Depressing, wasn’t it? I just had to plop down on the sidewalk right there and then. I didn’t feel like going back home anymore. I opened up my packages of food. What was I even eating?
Gah, I didn’t know. Some fried, buttery, salty, fat, sweet goodness straight from heaven. I inhaled deeply. I was about to shove a fistful of the stuff into my face, when I stopped. I took a good look at what was in my hand.
Smashed pink cupcakes, potato chips, and what was that, a squished-up maple syrup bacon doughnut? My throat constricted. This...this was just sad. It was like 4 in the morning, and here I was, smushing my face into a pile of food. Melted frosting dripped off my fingers, already oily from the chips. The doughnut was just mash thickly coating my whole hand. I think I even spotted a couple of Twinkie’s bits and ...when the heck did I buy that pint of Ben and Jerry’s? Ugh.
I chucked the stuff as far away from as I could. Gross. Gross! I was disgusting! I was horrified by myself! What was wrong with me? I tried my best to wipe off the grungy filth, but man, that stuff sticks. Sighing, I rubbed my eyes, my cheeks, my face...I rested my head in my palms. What was wrong with me...what was wrong with me. I really needed to be...to be different.
I awoke shrieking, beads of sweat coating my neck. I closed my eyes and counted to ten. I had the weirdest dreams. This time, I was in some sort of room, and there was this young girl and believe it or not, the “Angel” was there, too. You know, the one that broke my nose? The girl was lying on my lap, and I was crying. The “Angel” was crying too. And then he fired a gun, and I fell, surrounded by darkness. Suffocation throttled me, and I woke up.
Not wishing to stay alone in the dark house, I grabbed a jacket, raked a comb through the bird’s nest on my head, and drove away to Cal’s dorm.I punched Cal's door and nearly broke it down, much like Hagrid in the 1st Harry Potter book. The door opened to Cal’s sleepy face. She rubbed one eye, and then widened both as she saw my state.“Woah, kid, what’s wrong? Why are you up at THIS UNGODLY HOUR? It’s like, 2 in the morning broooo.”“It’s 3, Cal. And, uh, I just couldn’t stay alone. I keep having nightmares.”She shook her head and opened the door wider, shooing me inside.
“You’ll need to be quiet. I think my roomie’s still asleep.” I nodded, and then asked her who her roommate was.
“Oh, just a student. Her name’s Katrina Han.”
Read Chapter Three Here! --->http://www.tellury.com/2012/10/click-drama-chapter-three.html
=========================================
Anjali's Point of View
“AAAAAAAHHHH!!!”I awoke shrieking, beads of sweat coating my neck. I closed my eyes and counted to ten. I had the weirdest dreams. This time, I was in some sort of room, and there was this young girl and believe it or not, the “Angel” was there, too. You know, the one that broke my nose? The girl was lying on my lap, and I was crying. The “Angel” was crying too. And then he fired a gun, and I fell, surrounded by darkness. Suffocation throttled me, and I woke up.
Not wishing to stay alone in the dark house, I grabbed a jacket, raked a comb through the bird’s nest on my head, and drove away to Cal’s dorm.I punched Cal's door and nearly broke it down, much like Hagrid in the 1st Harry Potter book. The door opened to Cal’s sleepy face. She rubbed one eye, and then widened both as she saw my state.“Woah, kid, what’s wrong? Why are you up at THIS UNGODLY HOUR? It’s like, 2 in the morning broooo.”“It’s 3, Cal. And, uh, I just couldn’t stay alone. I keep having nightmares.”She shook her head and opened the door wider, shooing me inside.
“You’ll need to be quiet. I think my roomie’s still asleep.” I nodded, and then asked her who her roommate was.
“Oh, just a student. Her name’s Katrina Han.”
Read Chapter Three Here! --->http://www.tellury.com/2012/10/click-drama-chapter-three.html