Sunday, October 28, 2012

Click: Chapter 5



ANJALI POV

 BAM! I yelped as I felt something cold come in contact with my forehead. Rubbing my head, I looked up scornfully at a broken lamp post. Ugh. My aching head. I shook myself, determined to find Geoffrey. He had taken off running once I told him about my dreams. Now I was sure he was hiding something. The question was, what? I turned the dark corner into a long alleyway. Up ahead, I could make out the faint outline of Geoffrey. I gasped when the man behind him smashed him into a wall, holding a silver object that glinted in the moonlight. I was about to interfere when in that split second, Geoffrey did something I could never forgive.
 He spun the man around, glanced at him for a brief moment, and - OH MY GOD. I- I couldn't watch. Did Geoffrey just hack off that man's head? I had seen him pick up the knife, bring it down, and- the squelch was horrible. The man's pained scream was horrible. The whole sordid affair was horrible and I just couldn't get it out of my mind! How awful! Geoffrey, what was wrong with him, he was, he was absolutely crazy and disgusting and- I had to get out of here. I quickly hid behind the corner I stood by, shaking. He-he-he just killed someone! My first instinct was to call the police, but what if he came after me? Oh my goodness! What was going on? I began to panic, knowing the he could be creeping up behind me any second now. Although I had come to regard him as a friend, who knew what a person with a knife could do?
 Bravely, I turned my head to peek from behind the wall. No one was there. I stepped out of the shadows, careful to not make a sound. I made my way over to the dead man, inspecting him silently. Red liquid snaked out from behind his neck. I shuddered, strange images once again flooding my mind. 
 Something crunched behind me. I froze, my senses suddenly very perceptive. Without turning, I moved my eyes. Nothing. Nothing at all. Everything was just so dark...I couldn't see anything, I couldn't hear anything, I couldn't feel anything, ANYTHING! I just wanted to know that-that I wasn't going crazy! Was it a cat that had rustled? I was fully aware of how fast my heart was beating. Before I could react, long wiry fingers covered my mouth. I tried to resist, but a sweet smell began to numb my mind, until I could see no longer.    

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GEOFFREY POV 

 I didn’t even care. Should that worry me? I wasn’t- I don’t even- I dunno. I was a killer and that didn’t bother me at all. I bet that guy was some sick pervert who did all sorts of sick, deranged stuff to girls. He had it coming. Why do people think they can do that? Get away with stuff?


  Although, admittedly, I wasn’t one to talk either. Chrissake, I had killed someone. I probably wasn’t going to get away with that. But in my own messed up way, I had created some sort of justice. It felt right to me.
 But I couldn’t just play God like that! God, geez, what was wrong with me?!
 But oh yes, yes, it felt good. I realized, no, this wasn’t justice, this was revenge. I was subjugated by my own emotions to these criminals’ own level- And I reveled in it.
“OHHH JEFFY BOY!” I jumped. WHAT WAS THAT! Some screechy, overly feminine voice snapped me out of my thinking. 
Was that...Kent? How did he know I was here? I looked around my surroundings. Well, I was back in front the of the dorm complex. Oh. And I was bloody. This was going to be fun to explain...
“Kent?”

“THE ONE AND ONLLLYYY! Need a ride huggy muffles?” he asked, poking his head out the window.
“Yeah, that’d be n-is that Wendy in the car with you?!”
 “Yeah. Problem?”
 “You can talk to me like I’m here Geoffrey,” Wendy said mildly.
“I thought we made a pact to never bring girls home in the car!”
“Yeah, but Kat needed a girl buddy with her! We couldn’t just drive her home with just us guys, she might think we’re crazy kidnappers!”
I sighed. “And why exactly is Kat in our car?”
“My car. And because we’re going to go to the park!”
“The heck Kent? It’s like, three in the morning.”
“Geoffrey, we’re young, the night is beautiful, why not??”
I shrugged. Couldn't argue with him there. I hopped into the car. 


Read EP 6 here! http://www.tellury.com/2012/11/click-drama-chapter-six.html





0 comments:

Post a Comment