CLICK (A Drama) CHAPTER THREE
=============================================================================
Anjali POV
I sat at Cal’s tiny dining table, staring down at my coffee mug. I absentmindedly sipped from the empty cup. What was going on? Why was I having these dreams? And more importantly, why did the “Angel” shoot me? WHY WAS I EVEN DREAMING ABOUT HIM???
“So, Anj, what’s wrong?” I looked up as Cal took a seat by me.
“Uh...well....I keep having these nightmares. They just keep getting worse. And-and-and I’m just really scared! And I keep thinking about my parents and how I wish they were here and my house is so big its like living in a haunted house and every time I see red I feel like hurling and my dreams should belong to some sadistic loser, not to me and I just----” Cal cut off my blubbering rant.
“Woah woah woah! Calm down! Shhhhh! It’s okay, Anj, everything will be okay. Just tell me what you dreamed of.” I stared at her, knowing she would laugh. After staying silent for a whole minute, I told her.
“...The guy from work shot me...” However, instead of laughing, she leaned over very seriously and asked me if I was drunk. Before I could protest, light footsteps in the hall distracted me. A petite girl emerged from the shadows. Her dark hair was messily pulled into a bun, and she rubbed her eyes with one hand.
“Cal?” Cal jumped up.
“Awww, Katrina, did we wake you up?” While saying this, Cal shot me a dirty look. What happened to sympathizing me 5 seconds ago? The girl smiled and shook her head. I stood up and introduced myself.
“Woah! I’ve heard of you! Aren’t you the girl that graduated from college like...when you were 20?”
“Haha yeah. That’s me.” I was surprised she knew me.
The three of us sat down at the dining table. After a short conversation, I discovered that she was 20, was sickeningly sweet, and a bit annoying. Or at least, that’s what I thought. Cal began to speak again, and I immediately felt sick.
“So, I told you about Geoffrey, right? Haha, he’s like, soooo gorgeous. Oh, Kat, guess what? Anjali here had a dream that he shot her. Hahaha!” Both the girls laughed. Suddenly I wanted to get out. I stood up and asked to be excused. Without even looking at me, Cal and Katrina nodded and began talking about what to wear to their party. I quietly let myself out, and made a run for it.
My endless running landed me on the pavement in front of a shabby apartment complex. By now it was early morning. I collapsed on the floor, stared at the ground, and let my tears slip. It really hurt. I was a strange girl, and life was already difficult for me. I didn’t need it to be worse. I had already been diagnosed with a strange memory loss disorder, seeing as i couldn’t remember anything before my 17th birthday. And the funny thing was, when I sat at the police station waiting to be identified like a stray dog, no one came to claim me. The only thing the police could find was an abandoned house with vast arrays of photographs. There was a picture of me, and that was how they found my “family”. A bunch of pictures. On top of that, for the past three months, I keep having these strange dreams of people I’ve never seen in my entire life. I keep hearing the name “Daphne”, but I seriously have no idea who she is! And, the dream I had last night was just creepy. Geoffrey’s features were unnaturally clear, and unlike any other dream I've ever had. Almost like it was real. But it wasn't. I knew it wasn't.
I heard someone behind me. Not bothering to turn around, I burrowed myself deeper into my arms, and emerged only when I heard a small cough. I looked up, and was surprised to see Geoffrey standing there. At first he looked a bit pissed, but after taking in my current state, his features softened.
“Uhm, are you okay?” He sat down by me on the floor. I slowly nodded my head, wiping away my tears.
“Ha! That’s...that’s good. I can’t have anymore crying girls on my watch...heh.” He looked awkwardly around. What a weirdo. Oh well, since Cal wouldn't listen, I might as well rant to this stranger.
“Life’s just hard, y’know? It just feels like everything is unfair.” He looked away and muttered a few words.
“Like you would know.” I was taken aback. His voice dripped with contempt.
“Excuse me? You’re the one who asked me if I was okay,” I accused.
“Uhm. Sorry. That just uh, just came out. Sorry. I’ve been uhm a bit tired lately so excuse my er...eccentricities...”
I looked skeptically at him. He was hiding something. I could feel it. But it wasn’t in my place to ask him.
He looked at me, then smiled sardonically, “I’m not lying Anj.” He laughed. I stared at him with wide eyes.
“How-how do you know my name?” Oh my goodness. Was he some sort of creeper? I inched further away.
“Er. We have name badges..on our shirts at work...you do know that, right?”
“But...when I met you a couple of days ago I didn’t have my badge...”
“OH. You uhm, you didn’t? Well...well. Look who’s a good gueessserrr!” I was getting more and more creeped out by the second. Hmm, maybe Cal told him...and he just....remembered it? I glanced down at my watch. It was already 5 am.
“Truth is, I feel like I’ve seen you before?... But then again, I don’t really get much sleep these days, so uhm..yeah.” Either this was the cheesiest pickup line of all time, or he really was a stalker. I nearly told him about my dream, and how I felt like I’d seen him before as well, but decided against it. I abruptly stood up and dusted my pajama pants. He looked up.
“Uh...well, thanks for talking to me. So, uh, I guess I’ll now. I’ll see you at work?”
“Er...yeah...Yeah sure. ” I nodded and took off jogging in the other direction.
“WAIT!” he yelled back. “IT’S THE WEEKEND! TODAY’S SATURDAY!”
I cringed, and looked around sheepishly. “Right....I guess I’ll see you at Cal’s party?”
“HAHAAAAAAAA! And oh fugglebutts, it’s TODAY?! Sh- Yap alrighty tighty. SEE YOU THEN! I nodded again, and resumed jogging. After 5 minutes, I realized I’d left my car at Cal’s. I retraced my steps, passing the apartment complex. I noticed Geoffrey sleeping with his head on a mailbox. I nearly woke him up, but instead let him sleep. He really did look like an angel.
Read Chapter Four Here! -->http://www.tellury.com/2012/10/click-drama-chapter-four.html
“Er. We have name badges..on our shirts at work...you do know that, right?”
“But...when I met you a couple of days ago I didn’t have my badge...”
“OH. You uhm, you didn’t? Well...well. Look who’s a good gueessserrr!” I was getting more and more creeped out by the second. Hmm, maybe Cal told him...and he just....remembered it? I glanced down at my watch. It was already 5 am.
“Truth is, I feel like I’ve seen you before?... But then again, I don’t really get much sleep these days, so uhm..yeah.” Either this was the cheesiest pickup line of all time, or he really was a stalker. I nearly told him about my dream, and how I felt like I’d seen him before as well, but decided against it. I abruptly stood up and dusted my pajama pants. He looked up.
“Uh...well, thanks for talking to me. So, uh, I guess I’ll now. I’ll see you at work?”
“Er...yeah...Yeah sure. ” I nodded and took off jogging in the other direction.
“WAIT!” he yelled back. “IT’S THE WEEKEND! TODAY’S SATURDAY!”
I cringed, and looked around sheepishly. “Right....I guess I’ll see you at Cal’s party?”
“HAHAAAAAAAA! And oh fugglebutts, it’s TODAY?! Sh- Yap alrighty tighty. SEE YOU THEN! I nodded again, and resumed jogging. After 5 minutes, I realized I’d left my car at Cal’s. I retraced my steps, passing the apartment complex. I noticed Geoffrey sleeping with his head on a mailbox. I nearly woke him up, but instead let him sleep. He really did look like an angel.
Read Chapter Four Here! -->http://www.tellury.com/2012/10/click-drama-chapter-four.html
0 comments:
Post a Comment