Tuesday, November 20, 2012

CLICK (A Drama) CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

===================================
A sharp noise sliced through the air and passed through my ears. I woke up with a jolt. My vision was fuzzy, and my thoughts a jumbled mess. The last I remembered was Geoffrey, and crimson liquid, and...and...and a sweet, syrupy smell. The scent still lurked in my nostrils. I shook my head and took in  my surroundings. The first thing I realized was that I was in a box. A cage, to be more exact. A very small cage,  might I say. The second thing I noticed was a crow sitting directly across from me, rubbing its beak across the metal bars. How in the world had that gotten in? More importantly, how had I gotten in? I immediately crawled to the bars, trying to get a better view of the outside. The sky was baby blue, unfit for this ominous place. Leaves were strewn everywhere, and no sound came from anywhere except for that bird. I pressed my forehead on one of the bars, struggling to see the side. All that could be seen were trees, trees, and trees. Where was I? 
And then it hit me. I was at Hallow’s Forest. I had come camping here with Cal the summer before I graduated from college. But...I didn’t recall it being so...quiet. I backed away from the bars, the hairs on my neck rising. I sat back in my corner. The crow had stopped moving.
I inched closer to the black bird, amazed that it wasn’t afraid. I had gotten close by now, and since the bird had budged, I poked it. The head fell off! I stifled a gasp. Blood began to surround the little body, and my vision became blurry once more. My hemophobia was acting up. All of a sudden, I felt like hurling.
Cr-kk--kk! What was that? The leaves had rustled, and I knew someone or something was coming. I whimpered, the blood still stained in my mind. A dark figure approached the cage, and I instinctively backed up against the solid wall of the cage. The figure bent down.
No eyes! Just white sockets, and a wide mouth covered in even more blood, almost like that ghost I had seen in the movie, Ju-On. Except now, it was real. I did the only thing I could do. I screamed.

Read Chapter Eight here! --> 
http://www.tellury.com/2012/11/bunnyflufflesonahotdog.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment